Free Upgrade to Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users, the offer has ended a few years ago, but you’re still technically a free download of Windows 7 can upgrade to Windows 10. With the removal of Microsoft’s special upgrade offer sites, the company continues to activate Windows 10 licenses for people upgrading from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
Ed bot ZDNet Over the years, this method has been tested and works are still free upgrades. It is very easy for anyone to upgrade from Windows, especially since the support for the operating system has ended today. Assuming your PC supports the minimum requirements for Windows 10, you will be able to upgrade from Microsoft’s site.
Most importantly keep in mind that upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 can delete your settings and apps. There is an option to keep your files and personal data but it is not always possible to keep all your existing applications due to the difference between Windows 10 and Windows 7. Make sure you keep track of which applications you use regularly so you can easily download and install installers. Windows 8.1 can be upgraded in the same way, but without the need to delete your applications and settings.
You can see how to update windows 7 to windows 10:
- All your important documents, applications and data back up
- Visit Microsoft’s Windows 10 download site
- Windows 10 installation media in the “Download Now Tools”, select and run the app
- When prompted, select “Upgrade this PC now”.
- You will then be asked if you want to keep your personal files or start anew. Note: Restarting or keeping your files still means deleting all apps and settings for Windows 10 upgrades.
- Once the upgrade is complete, you should obtain a digital license for Windows 10 under Settings> Update & Security> Activation.